Setting up Finishing Devices
- Select the Printer Manager icon on
the left side of the printer's display screen.
- Select the Finishing tab to open the
- Click on the [Device
Setup…] button on the bottom right corner of the
Finishing dialog to open the Device Setup window.
- Right-click within the Device Setup window to open a menu
- Click on New… to open a Device
Profile input form.
- Enter your device profile name, timings, output direction,
order and rotation settings.
- Click on the [OK] button to save the
Device Profile and to return you to the Device Setup window.
- Click on the [Close] button to close
the Device Setup window.
- Right-click in the External Finishers window (bottom half of
the screen) to open a menu list.
- Click on New… to open a Finisher
- Enter a Name for your Finishing Device.
- Use the scroll bar next to the Type field to locate the Device
you created in by following the instructions in the first section of this
- Click on [OK] to save the changes
and to close the Device dialog.
- Click on the Online field of the Device now
appearing in the External Finishers list and select Online to put your device
- Right-click on the Status field of the Device and select
Enabled to make your finishing device ready for use.
Set up a queue that will use your device
- Select the Queue Manager to open the
- Right-click in the window to open a menu list.
- Click on New… to open a new
- Provide a queue name.
- Click on the Output tab to open the
- Click on the Stapling / Finishing
button to open the Finishing dialog.
- Click on the scroll arrow to the right of the Stapling /
Finishing field to open a menu list.
- Click on Booklet Maker and slide
your mouse to the right to open a menu list.
- Select the Finisher you created in section 2 of these
instructions so that jobs sent to this queue are directed to this finisher.
captures of this process for the Nuvera and finishing device profiles for the
Nuvera are available for the Xerox Customer Support Engineer in the HGS Menu:
Installation and Option Kits: In-Line Finishing DFA Resource Guide
Created by Norman A. Teck
December 5, 2005