CREO Drivers for Mac OS X
Obtaining network requirements
At the CREO
- Determine the CREO ip address.
- At the bottom of the GUI, click on the green
START button to show the start menu.
- Click on Run… to open the
- In the Run window, type cmd
<Enter> to open a DOS window.
- In the DOS window, type
ipconfig <Enter> to obtain the configuration
- Copy the IP Address
- Determine the CREO queue name.
- In the menu bar at the top of the interface, click on
Tools to open a drop-down menu.
- In the drop-down menu, click on
Resource Center to open the Resource Center window to the Virtual
- Case-for-case, copy down the entire title
of the virtual printer to which you want to print.
To obtain the driver files
At the Macintosh workstation
- Open Safari web browser.
- In the address window, type the ip address of your CREO DFE
and tap the <Enter> key to view the CREO Web Center.
- In the Macintosh Downloads section, click on Utilities Folder
to view files available for Mac users.
- Click on CXiGen4ColorServerPrintDriverInstaller.dmg to
download the driver image file to your browser's download location.
To install the driver files
- A Downloads window will open to inform you
"CXiGen4ColorServerPrintDriverInstaller.dmg" contains an application. Are you
sure you want to continue downloading...
Click on the Continue button to complete the
- A window will open saying This package contains a program that
determines if the software can be installed...
Click on the Continue buttons and the Agree buttons
to allow the installation of the drivers onto your disk drive.
You may close Safari and all of the installation application windows, drag the
CXiGen4 disk icon to your trash to unmount it, and drag the .dmg file to your
trash to get off your desktop.
To add the printer
OS X version 10.4
- In the top right corner of the Macintosh desktop, double-click
on the icon for your hard drive to view the directory structure.
- At the first level, navigate to the
Applications folder, and in that folder, navigate to the
- In the Utilities folder, double-click on the
Printer Setup Utility to open the Printer List
- Just under the Printer List window's banner bar, click on the
Add icon to open the Printer Browser window.
- Highlight the IP Printer icon at the
top of the window.
- For Protocol, select
Line Printer Daemon - LPD.
- For Address, enter the CREO ip
- For Queue, enter the queue name
exactly as it appeared in the CREO Resource Center tool.
- For Print Using, click on the scroll
bar to the right of Generic PostScript Printer and select
Other… to open a file listing.
- Navigate to your Hard Drive: Library:
Printers: PPDs: Contents: Resources: en.lproj: US-Letter: CXiGen4.PPD
and click on the Open button to accept this as your
printer description file.
- For Name, enter a name that your
operators will recognize. This is what will show in their application Print
- Click on the Add button to accept
these values, to add this printer to your Printer List, and to close the
Printer Browser window.
Created by Norman A. Teck
January 8, 2009